He smoking is a chronic feature damage that occurs in the person who consumes excessive tobacco. The concept is also used to name the addiction that a subject experiences through tobacco, which is usually generated by the nicotine .
It is a disease Systemic chronicle that belongs to all addictions and is one of the main causes of avoidable mortality worldwide. Experts say that smoking is directly linked to the development of twenty-nine diseases, including ten kinds of Cancer .
Who smokes acquires a mental and physical dependence for the mentioned nicotine. The smoker may suffer abstinence syndrome when you try to quit tobacco, causing you the need to smoke again.
Nicotine, beyond the addictive effect, helps relieve symptoms of anxiety and also has utility as an antidepressant. Its adverse effects, however, far exceed any transitory benefit.
The consequences of smoking can even reach people who don't smoke. It is known as passive smoker to those who do not directly consume tobacco products, but who aspire to toxic substances from combustion and smoke from cigarettes or cigars that smoke people .
It should be noted that more than four thousand harmful substances have been detected in this type of smoke. Sixty of them are probably carcinogenic to humans, such as nickel and benzene.
The WHO and most governments around the world have implemented laws against tobacco to prevent smoking, such as the decision to ban smoking in public spaces.
Paths to give up the bad habit
Quitting smoking is an impossible challenge for a large percentage of people, even if it depends on their Health or that of your loved ones. Here are eight of the possible methods to achieve this, although it is always important to remember that nothing beats will and determination.
* The books Self-help oriented smoking cessation are usually very effective, and the most famous was written by a British author who fought for 33 years against tobacco; This is "It's easy to quit smoking, if you know how," by Allen Carr.
* Leaving it unthinking, drastically, is the solution that many are inclined to, although it requires a very large inner strength, so it is common for it to take more than one attempt.
* Go to laser treatments, specially developed to eliminate the need to smoke in a few sessions and without experiencing any type of pain or discomfort
* There are treatments that replace the cigarette with products that contain small doses of nicotine to fight the anxiety experienced when quitting smoking.
* Like any other evil, it is possible to go to a doctor's office and ask for a recipe of any medication to combat smoking, such as Varenecline, which decreases the anxiety of withdrawal and the pleasure felt when smoking.
* There are many agencies that specialize in smoking treatments, through programs that advise and accompany them throughout the tobacco cessation process.
* A more difficult method for many is to leave it gradually, since even having reached a cigarette per day, the mere idea of going down to zero it can be unbearable.
* The hypnosis It helps in a particular way, since it allows you to access the mind directly, without having to go through any type of filters or preconceptions, and positively influence patients, to make them understand that they should not continue smoking.